Do you use a Notepad alternative, like Notepad++ or Notepad2? Notepad Replacer will allow you to replace the default Windows version of Notepad with whatever alternative you would like to use.
Advantages to using Notepad Replacer
- Won't replace ANY system files, or change ANY file permissions
- Won't trigger Windows File Protection warnings (WFP)
- Won't run all the time, won't take up any system resources in the background
- Doesn't require special support by the alternative application
- Just un-install Notepad Replacer to revert back to the default Windows Notepad
How does this work?
- Just download and run the Notepad Replacer setup file (below)
- Follow the installation prompts, and browse to your replacement application
- If you ever want to revert back to the default Windows Notepad, just un-install Notepad Replacer. Easy!