October 21, 2013
DisplayFusion has many built-in Functions for moving, sizing, or otherwise manipulating program windows. If you have a particular need that can't be fulfilled by the built-in Functions, you can also create custom Functions.
You can create Functions to move a window to a specific location (down to the pixel) on the screen, set it to a specific size (down to the pixel), move it to a specific monitor, or any combination of those three actions. You can also create Functions for toggling window transparency, moving the mouse cursor to specific locations or monitors, or launching an application.
How To Create a Custom Function
The basic steps for creating a custom Function are as follows:
- Open the DisplayFusion Settings > Functions tab.
- Click the 'Create Function' button.
- In the 'Name' box, enter a name for your Function. This name will show up in the list of Functions, as well as the Function list in the Window Location rules, and when hovering over the TitleBar Button (if you enable the TitleBar Button for this Function).
- If you'd like to run this Function using a keyboard shortcut, click the 'Edit' button next to the 'Key Combination' box. Then select the modifier keys by clicking them with your mouse (selected ones will turn blue), choose a keyboard key to go along with the modifers, and click OK.
- Choose an action from the 'Function Action' drop-down.
- Configure the settings specific to that Function Action in the 'Custom Function Actions' section. If you've chosen the 'Manage Window' Function Action, you can use an existing window's size and location for the Function values by dragging the target icon from the bottom of the Create Function window and dropping it onto the target window. DisplayFusion will automatically get the size and location values from that window and populate the settings in the Create Function window.
- Click OK when you're done configuring the Function.
- If you'd like to run this Function from a TitleBar Button, select it in the list of Functions and click the 'Toggle TitleBar Button' button.
Custom Function Examples
The 'Toggle Window Transparency,' 'Launch Application,' and 'Move Mouse Cursor' Function Actions are pretty self-explanatory, so we'll skip those. Here are some screenshots for a few examples using the more comprehensive 'Manage Window' Function Action:
Move the window to the centre of monitor 2 and size to 75% width and 60% height
Span the window across only 2 monitors in a 3 monitor setup
Move window to current monitor and size to 800px width and 600px height
As always, if you have any general comments, leave them below. If you have any questions or need to report an issue, please post them in the DisplayFusion Discussions, or contact us directly.
October 9, 2013
To schedule automatic DisplayFusion settings backups, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Task Scheduler.
- Select "Task Scheduler Library" from the left pane.
- Click "Create Basic Task" from the right pane.
- Give the task a name, i.e. "DisplayFusion Backup," then click Next.
- Select the task schedule (Daily, Weekly, or Monthly), then click Next.
- Choose the specifics of the schedule, then click Next.
- Choose "Start a Program," then click Next.
- Click Browse, then locate DisplayFusionCommand.exe (usually in "C:\Program Files (x86)\DisplayFusion\DisplayFusionCommand.exe"). In the "Add arguments" box, enter "–settingsbackup" (without the quotes), then click Next.
- Click Finish, then test it out by selecting it in the list and clicking "Run" in the right pane. If it worked, you should have a new DisplayFusion backup file in the Documents\DisplayFusion Backups folder.
October 1, 2013
Congratulations to our top contributing members for September 2013! They have been hard at work submitting, rating, and discussing images on WallpaperFusion, and have racked up some impressive reputation scores along the way!
Check out the current top members or look at previous months on our Top Members page!
September 2, 2013
We're very excited to announce that DisplayFusion 5.1 is now available for download! This version includes some big new features, including new mouse related Functions, mouse cursor wrapping, and support for splitting monitors into separate virtual monitors. (Very handy for AMD Eyefinity/Nvidia Surround setups!)
DisplayFusion will also be on sale at 25% off until September 9th, 2013!
Update: The sale is now over! Thanks to everyone who supported us and purchased a license to support the 5.1 release!
DisplayFusion 5.1 Highlights
- Added monitor splitting to allow for multiple "virtual" monitors (amazing for AMD Eyefinity/Nvidia Surround setups!)
- Added a new feature to scroll windows that are under the cursor, even if they are not the active window (Settings > Window Management)
- Added a new feature to automatically move child windows over the parent (Settings > Window Management)
- Added mouse cursor wrapping, and mouse cursor anti-snag for unaligned monitors (Settings > Window Management)
- Added five new mouse cursor related Functions (Settings > Functions)
- Fixed an issue where application windows extended below the taskbar in some situations
- Windows 8.1 compatibility improvements
- The quality of generated wallpaper images is now much higher (Windows 7 and higher)
- WallpaperFusion plugin improvements: tags can be excluded, and multiple tags can be selected
- Added an option in the Settings window to login and automatically load your license key
- Multiple applications can be specified in one Compatibility rule using the | symbol
- 36 Languages bundled
- Many other bug fixes, performance, and stability improvements
We encourage everyone to update to this new version today to take advantage of these improvements. If you've already purchased DisplayFusion, it's a lifetime license, so you can upgrade to this version at no cost! If you would like to see a complete list of all the changes, please visit the DisplayFusion Change Log. We'd like to send out a big thanks to the dozens of people who helped with the DisplayFusion translations, and the thousands of people that helped test the Beta versions. Thanks everyone!
ClipboardFusion: Your Clipboard in the Cloud
ClipboardFusion 3.0 is also now available, and it's also on sale for 25% off until September 9th, 2013! ClipboardFusion allows you to manage your Windows clipboard, and sync your clipboard with your mobile devices! Download ClipboardFusion for your smartphone or desktop today and give it a try. There are apps for iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 8, Mac OS X, Linux and much more!
DisplayFusion 5.1 Screenshots
WallpaperFusion Tag Selectors
New Window Management Features